A Taste of Thanksgiving



When I was pregnant for all of my children I craved many things from Bubble Gum ice-cream to pickles, blueberry donuts to anything pumpkin related.  If the hubs and I weren't walking to the local ice-cream shop to get said Bubble Gum ice-cream then I was sending him to fetch me some pumpkin pie on many evenings. I remember it not even being close to Thanksgiving and wanting a pumpkin pie all-the-time.  I had been gifted a Better Homes and Gardens subscription and recently remembered one pumpkin recipe I made frequently from this magazine.  This dessert is like eating a crust-less pumpkin pie, yum!  Since it is "that time of year"  I thought I'd share this favorite pumpkin recipe with you all.

Ingredients:
3 eggs slightly beaten
1-15oz can pumpkin
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup maple syrup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, cream, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt-mix well with a whisk.  Divide mixture among 8 custard cups (6 oz), place in a roasting pan and pour hot water around the cups to the depth of 1 inch.  Bake 45-55 minutes or until set.  Remove cups from water and cool on a wire rack.  In a small bowl combine chopped roasted pecans and maple syrup.  Spoon on top of warm custards.  Serve warm or chilled.

I am not a huge fan of maple syrup so I omit that part.  I like mine chilled but to each their own.  I top mine with whipped cream and add a few candied pecans.  Try this and I bet you will start making it every Thanksgiving season as well......or when you are pregnant.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!