Color and Personality




As I browsed facebook the other day I came across one of "those" quizzes.  You know the ones that entice you to take them while in your head you might be saying this is a bunch of "hippy dippy bologna."  I don't normally take these but every now and then find them fun.  I was lured in by the word color.  I didn't post it to my facebook account and cannot find the test now but I remember I didn't agree with the results.  Color theory was one of my favorite subjects in school.  I have always been fascinated with color and how it may apply to our emotions.  We studied a guy named Max Lüscher  who was a psychotherapist and studied the psychological state of a person based on their personal color preferences. You can read his book called "The Lüscher Test"  if you want to further investigate.  The above mentioned quiz reminded me of the Lüscher color test that we took in school.  The test was based on the colors we chose and the order we chose them.  Then it gave an answer key that supposedly described our personality.  If you want to take your own Lüscher test go here.  The following is a breakdown of colors and just a few of the psychological associations of each.  These were taken from my color theory notes.

RED=ANGER BUT CAN ALSO USEFUL IN DISPELLING NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

ORANGE=POSITIVE,GOOD ANTIDEPRESSANT,RELIEVES SELF PITY

BLACK=MYSTERIOUS,SILENT, PASSIVE

YELLOW-HAPPY,UPLIFTING,SELF-CONFIDENCE (DULL YELLOW CAN BRING ON FEELINGS OF FEAR)

PINK= UNSELFISH LOVE

PURPLE=PEACEFUL,STIMULATE INTUITION AND IMAGINATION,COMPASSION

GREEN=COMFORT,RELAXATION,CALMING(OLIVE GREENS REMIND US OF DECAY AND DARKER GREENS SICKNESS)

BLUE=CALM,RELAXING(YELLOW-BLUE INSPIRES CLARITY AND CREATIVITY)

BROWN=STABILITY, SECURITY

GRAY=INDEPENDENCE,NON-COMMITMENT

WHITE=PURITY,PEACE,COMFORT, FREEDOM (TOO MUCH WHITE CAN BE COLD, ISOLATING)

I have a whole other stack of notes that give the physiological effects of the colors as well but I will spare you the reading time.  I challenge you to take test yourself and see if it accurately describes your personality.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!