Kid Crafts on a Whim

Doing crafts with your kids does not need to be overwhelming or planned out weeks ahead of time.  I have a variety of items stored away in a craft container that I can pull out on a rainy day or on a day that I didn't have time to prepare something ahead of time and the kids are wanting to do something 'artsy'.  My craft container has items such as pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks, acrylic paints, suncatcher paint, paint brushes, small canvases, stickers, markers and other random small items I could possibly use at some point when I need some ideas but don't want to run to the store.  On this particular day, I decided to pull out some plastic suncatchers I purchased a while back at Walmart, suncatcher paint and some paintbrushes. 


I learned a lot about my 2 year old on this day - this boy loves to paint!  He went a little overboard on the paint on his suncatcher but who cares because he was having fun!


My 4 year old was very detailed in her painting skills and wanted to use a lot of different colors.  I was really impressed at how her butterfly turned out.

 
After drying for a few hours they are now proudly displayed on our patio doors.  It was a fun, easy craft that both of the kids enjoyed and the best part is, I have a couple more in my craft box for another rainy day down the road.  Sometimes the simple crafts are the most enjoyable ones. 
 
What simple crafts have you made with your kids lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!