End of Summer List


My boys start school in less than two weeks.  It is incomprehensible and I'm trying not to dissolve into a pile of tears.  One will be a second grader and the other starts kindergarten.  

So I don't have an elaborate project to show you this week, because I'm trying to spend as much time with them as possible.  But I do have a smallish list of projects that I'd like to tackle and I thought I'd share my thoughts with you today.

1.  I've been on the hunt for a ceiling light for our bedroom.  Right now we have a ceiling fan and I'm not a lover of the ceiling fan.  Especially ugly ones.  Here is a picture of ours.  What's not to love, right? You know you want to pin that.

I really like this light from Ikea:

via www.Ikea.com
But then, I came across this tutorial

via www.danamadeit.com

I already have the light kit and the glue.  So all I need to spend money on is a skein of yarn or twine depending on if I want to make it a dark grey or a tan color.  Decisions. Decisions.

2. I have a few friends having their first baby this coming winter.  I'd love to make some homemade items for them.  I think this framed art is cute.  And some cute bibs and burp cloths are always needed.  And I would really like to make a baby quilt.  I think this one is adorable.

3.  This boy turns 8 this week. 

He wants a TMNT party.  I'm working on the framed chalkboard that I do for every birthday.  

I think I'll also be making this and this and this.

Other than the birthday party items, the list might not get crossed off until later in August.  But I am ok with that.  I'm going to enjoy the last few free days until the routine of school starts.  What are you doing on your last days of summer break?  Or perhaps you don't have school aged children and it feels like you are still in the middle of summer?  Or maybe you're a homeschooler and you've already started school?  What does the end of July look like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!