Easy Slushy

The first day of summer break was a success.  We played outside all day and it was nice and warm.  Earlier in the day Mikah had been rewarded with a Dairy Queen Mister Misty for being so brave at his Kindergarten checkup.  Parker was not with us for the checkup and was of course told about the tasty treat from his brother. He asked if we could make our own version of a slushy when we returned home.  I remember from 8th grade Home-Economics class a recipe that I loved and repeated many times as a child.  Our recipe was super simple:

1 Kool- Aid pack of your flavor choice
1 cup of sugar (I only used 1/2 cup for my kids)
1 tray of ice cubes
2 cups of water

Blend until slushy consistency and enjoy.
The kids loved it.  My favorite is the grape!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!