Mama's Apron

Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, I loved my daughter's apron so much I decided to make one for myself.  When I began, I had every intention of making mine more practical with a pocket and far fewer ruffles, however I think mine is just as over the top as hers is.

Since I already explained how I made my daughter's apron, I am only going to highlight the different aspects in this post.  You can check out the directions for her apron here.

I started with the pocket.  It was just a piece of material cut to 4x6.  I ironed the sides down, sewed the top, and then pinned it on my apron.

I tested out several different ways to have the ruffles and pocket on my apron, before I finally decided on one I liked.


I sewed my ruffles on first.

Next came the pocket.  At this point I decided my apron needed something extra.

I pulled out some leftover crochet flowers I had made for other projects, and pinned one in place.

One was fun, so three should be better, right?

I added some buttons and beads to the centers.

























The problem that seems to arise when I make something like this apron is that I find it far too adorable to actually use the apron and possibly get it dirty.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I made some embellished dish towels a while ago, and had the same dilemma.  I hung it on our stove handle and threatened lives if I saw anyone actually touch it.  













Have you ever made an apron?  Did you actually use it, or just display it?









































What have you been working on lately?  Leave us a comment on the blog or on Facebook.  We'd love to hear what you are up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!