Supper--Don't Make It Difficult

I like experimenting with new recipes and I love making fancy desserts and wonderful meals.  About three times a year. 
Let's be honest.  With three kids, and ESPECIALLY during baseball season, it is extremely easy to fall into the trap of ordering pizza or picking up fast food.  The other day I was listening to a podcast interview with Jen Hatmaker and she mentioned a stupid easy throw together dinner and my ears perked up.  Homemade "pizza" on an open faced piece of french bread--I tried it and it really is simple.
Ingredients:
French Bread
Mozzarella Cheese
Pepperoni Slices
(or whatever toppings you prefer)
butter
salt&pepper
Steps:
1--Butter the bread and sprinkle it with s&p.
2--Add your toppings...in my case pepperoni.
3--Layer on the cheese.
4--Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
5--Serve with green beans, watermelon, a salad...whatever you have on hand and Enjoy!

The thing that I love about this is that I can run into the store and grab the ingredients and get home and make it in under half an hour.  It is cheaper than anywhere we could grab food and, while it isn't super healthy, it is a lot better than McDonald's chicken nuggets.

PS:  Everyone but one child loves this supper.  You can't win them all over...I've stopped trying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!