Counting Your Blessings

 
 
I know a lot of people want to get out their Christmas decorations shortly after Halloween is over, but I love to take the time and enjoy the Thanksgiving season first.  Last year, I started asking my daughter, who was 3 at the time, what she was thankful for each day of November.  We started on November 1st and finished up after Thanksgiving as we were finally putting out Christmas decorations.  It has officially become one of our family 'traditions', so I thought I would share it with you all in case you were interested in counting your blessings with your little ones too in a fun and unique way. You can also see Bekah's fun idea HERE for a gratitude jar.
 
At the end of October, I took some construction paper and cut out some 'leaves' in different fall colors.  Each day, I ask my daughter to tell me one thing she is thankful for and then I write it on the leaf and add it to our blessing 'garland' on our mantle held up by a simple clothespin hanging on twine.  You could do this on a poster board, string them with ribbon.  The possibilities are endless.  It is fun to hear their responses each day and to plant the seed of taking the time to remember what we are thankful for always. 
 
 
 
At the time I prepared this post, we were on day 10.  It is fun to see the mantel populate with leaves of thankfulness as the days pass by and we approach Thanksgiving Day. 
 
 
 
What are some fun ways you count your blessings this time of the year with your kids?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!