Fruit & Yogurt Parfait



I am always trying to find new healthy snacks for my kids.  Both of them love greek yogurt and fruit so when I saw a recipe for a Fruit and Yogurt Parfait in my Parenting Magazine I put it on my list of things to try.  It was really easy and a big hit with both kid so I thought I would share the recipe this week for a yummy summer treat. 

 
 
The recipe is as follows:
 
2 cups low-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup honey
6 graham crackers, crushed, about 1/2 cup
1 1/2 cup fresh berries (any kind) - I used blueberries
Cups or jars to serve them or store them in - I used 8 oz glass jars with canning lids since I was making a few ahead of time to store in the fridge. 
 
1) In a bowl, mix yogurt and honey.
2)  Layer the following in four 8-oz mason jars: 1/4 cup of yogurt mixture, 1 Tbsp crushed graham crakers and berries.
3)  Repeat until jar is filled.  Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
 
This recipe will make approximately 4-5 8 oz cups.  Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!