A Super Fly Pie



My Dad called me up and said the wild black raspberries that randomly grew where the pine trees had been cut down were ready for picking.  I hauled up the children and went over to find a massive amount of berries on the bushes.  The kids and I went to work, each of us with a bowl but mine ended up being the only one with berries in it because they were just too delicious looking to resist eating right away.  So we came home with 2 cups of berries, some super stained shirts, and cute berry stained faces.  I love watching the boys pick fresh things on Grandpa's "farm".  I've been craving some cream pie so I looked through a recipe book at home for a really simple one.  I found one for a peach cream pie and so I used that but substituted the peaches for the fresh picked black raspberries.  The first time I made this it was a little runny so I altered the recipe the second time adding more flour.  And here is the final recipe:
3/4 cup white sugar
4 T flour
pinch salt
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups black raspberries
cinnamon
Mix sugar, flour, and salt.  Add cream. Stir. Let set a few minutes and stir again.  This gives the sugar a chance to dissolve.  Add black raspberries and pour into pie crust.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.
As I write this I am currently enjoying a piece of this delicious pie.  I am just sad his bushes are done producing. Anything yummy you make with fresh black raspberries?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!