Front Porch Mini Makeover

Last Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day.  I was going to work in our yard and get the outside of the house looking, if not top notch, at least a lot better than it does.  But then my mom convinced me to go fabric shopping and to look at quilts.  Who was I to let her down?

When I got home in the late afternoon, I had about 20 minutes and I knew I could complete one task on my list for that day.  I decided to give a little pizazz to our front porch by painting the front step the same color as our door.  Here is what it looked like before I got out my can of paint.

 (yes, I know the leaves need swept and the bushes need trimmed and and and....fabric shopping was so much more fun.) 

If you need to add a little punch to the front of your house, please paint your front door a cheery color.  You will. not. regret. it.  Then, if you're like me, and feel the need to "step" it up a little (hardy har har), you should paint your front step, too.

I love how it looks and now I can work on the rest of my to-do list.  Make a spring wreath, clean up the yard, get a bigger welcome mat.  The list is never-ending.  What have you done outside recently that brings a smile to your face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!