Flutter Curtains


 It is not often that I straight up duplicate something I find on Pinterest.  More times than not, I try to make it my own by adding my own little flair.  However, this is an exception.  While looking for some inspiration to cover our living room windows, I stumbled upon this.  Wow!  Beautiful, right?


I decided then and there that those curtains would look great in my living room.

Now, my husband being of sound mind, and knowing how I get a little over zealous and take on too big of projects put a time limit on me.  I showed him the curtains at the end of October.  He told me that if the curtains were not finished by the end of the year, that this project would be banished to 'The Box' and he would purchase these as curtains.  Well, that got me motivated to say the least.  

I am not going to sugar coat this.  This project was super easy, but very time consuming.  After I cut about 1,000 circles, my scissors were in desperate need of sharpening.   

It makes me super happy now that it is up, but oh my did it take forever.  

The lady who I shamelessly copied, has a tutorial if you are brave enough to attempt it.  I may be wrong, but I think it was the pregnancy hormones that pushed me over the edge, into completing this project.  I didn't follow her tutorial completely.  I just took the basic ideas, and ran with it.  As you may have noticed, hers is much fuller at the top than mine.  I preferred mine to be more spaced out.  I used two sized circles as well.  

Do you typically copy what you find online, or try to make it your own?  What big projects have you been working on?  We would love to hear what you are up to, so leave us a comment on the blog or on Facebook.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!