Cloud Mobile



Sometimes you just need a quick project.  Today was one of those days.  This project took about 20 minutes from start to finish (and that is including me fighting with my sewing machine).  A friend of mine sent me this pin, and I knew it would be the perfect addition to my daughter's already bright room.


For this project I used felt.  It is one of my favorite things to work with because it is so easy.

Materials Needed:
Felt
Scissors
Sewing Machine
Thread
Ribbon to hang cloud


It is a pretty simple project, so let's get to it.

 I didn't use a pattern, and you can see all of my hearts are different.  

I free-handed the cloud as well.

If you are looking for perfection, you will not find it in this project.  

I did not measure anything for this project.  To space my hearts out, I just kept sewing until they dropped off the back of my machine.  

I hand stitched the extra thread at the tops of the chain of hearts to one layer of the clouds.

 Since I used felt, I didn't even mess with sewing the cloud pieces together, snipping around the edges and turning it right side out.  I just laid my two cloud pieces on top of each other and sewed around the outside leaving the raw edge.  After I was about 3/4 of the way around, I filled the cloud with a little bit of stuffing.  I also made sure to backstitch over the areas were the hearts were hanging just to give it some extra sturdiness should any little fingers feel the need to yank on the hearts.  

My daughter requested we make 'diamond hearts' to hang from the cloud.  Since I had no idea what that meant, I asked if we could just place tiny diamonds on the hearts.  This appeased her, so we glued diamonds to the hearts. 

























































What quick projects have you been working on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!