Easy and Inexpensive Change of Art

So this holiday season was such a blur.  We went straights from Thanksgiving into Christmas and to be honest I wasn't quite prepared this year.  Usually I am "gun-ho" on getting Christmas decor out and looking nice early on but this year crept up on me and I found myself doing my decorating maybe a week before the actual holiday. I'm always on the lookout for simple inexpensive decorating ideas. I have three super simple ideas to dress up your walls with things you already have at home. The first idea came to me while we were at our yearly visit to Coney Isand.  The nostalgic photographs that hung on their walls were dressed up for the holiday by wrapping them in Christmas paper. Easy peasy.  So I did the same to our canvas wall decor in the entry.



While doing some holiday shopping I came across one super cute canvas art piece.  While it would have went well with our decor in our living room I wasn't willing to pay the price.  I had some extra frames just sitting upstairs at home so I put them to work and made my own version.  I used my cricut to cut out the letters but you wouldn't need a cricut, you could print them on the computer just as well and cut them out.  I made the "O" to look like an ornament and glued a bow on top.

The third piece of art was a combo between the two above.  I used wrapping paper as a backing and cut the word "peace" out of glittery cardstock. 

I love how simple these were and it cost me nothing because I already had the items at home. All three only took one evening to complete. I am looking forward to using some spring flower wrapping paper to dress up the frames later in the year. What kinds of simple things do you do to re-decorate your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!