Homemade Gak Fun!

A good friend of mine emailed me a fun link to a craft she did with her kids that was a huge success so I knew I wanted to try it.  This craft did not disappoint and the gak turned out awesome.  The kids had so much fun and it is so easy to do so I knew it was something I wanted to share. 
Since I have two kiddos I doubled the recipe as such, but here is what you would need if you wanted to make one recipe of gak fun.
  • 4 oz of white Elmer's Glue (I used the Glue All kind)
  • food coloring of your choice
  • 1/4 tsp of borax
  • access to warm water
  • bowl and spoon for stirring
  • plastic cup for stirring the borax
Once you have all of your supplies ready to go, take a bottle of Elmer's Glue and pour it in a bowl.
Next, take the empty glue bottle, add warm water and put the lid back on and shake it up.  After you have shaken it, pour it in the bowl with the other glue.  Please don't judge - it was pajama day at our house so my littles are still in their PJs. :)
 
Next, add a few drops to the mixture and stir.
 
 
Now you are ready for the borax mixture.  Put 1/4 cup of warm water in a plastic cup and add 1/4 tsp Borax and stir. 
 
Now pour it into the glue mixture and stir away.  It will get stringy and clumpy which means you are on the way to being done!
Once you have stirred it a little, feel free to use your hands for mixing and squishing it around.  Now it is ready to be played with!  It will then obtain the proper amount of gooey consistency.
Now you or the kids and can play and stretch away! I am telling you, this stuff is so fun!
My daughter gave it two big thumbs up!  After we were done playing with it (and it entertained for quite a while), I put each of their creations into an airtight container to take out for another day.
 
Such a super fun and easy craft!  I am so glad my friend recommended this recipe to me because it is a keeper!  It would make for a cheap and fun gift too.  What fun and easy crafts have you tried that you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!