Painted Words


It can be helpful to keep encouraging words where you can see them and feel their reminder. 

Here are a few that have really struck me recently. 
(I am unsure of their original origin, but they are not mine.):

"Joy is not the absence of suffering, but the presence of God."
"You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy."

I absolutely love these and need to see them through out the day. Here is how I thought to display them:

With the first one, I did not use a matte, so I started by using the matte I did have in the frame to trace out the size of fabric I would need. If you don't have a matte to use as a guide, just measure your opening.

For the second frame I did use a matte, so the scrap of fabric doesn't need to be as precise. Just big enough to cover the opening. 

I did iron my fabric a little beforehand to make them smoother.
Here's how they look:

I decided to write out the words in a layout that worked for the frame and just follow that. You could also place the paper under your glass and trace over that to be more precise. 

Any time I see these sized paint containers on the return/clearance rack at the hardware store I grab them. I found several of these for $1.00 each and they are the perfect size for projects like this.

While following the guide I made, just simply paint on your phrase. If you make a mistake you can easily wipe it off with a paper towel while it's still wet, even add a little water if needed. 

The paint will dry quickly, but to speed up the process, I dried it with a blow dryer for a few minutes. 

You are ready to hang!

You can easily change out the fabric for a different look and to take off the paint, just use a razor blade or something with a sharp edge to scrape it off. (Being gentle not to scratch the glass.)

I have several gallery walls in our house and I love having a mix of material, color, shape and size to make a personal and eclectic look.

If you would like something a little less permanent, instead of using paint for the writing, use a dry erase marker meant for a white board. It will give you the same look, while being easy to wipe off often. I have one of these in my kitchen to make lists, write notes, scripture, what ever I need!

I would like to know, what do you find encouraging that you like to look at often? Let me know in the comments below!



1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! We love to read your comments on our projects. When you leave a comment it may not post immediately, but don't worry we will see it!